The community version of Software Collections 1.2 has been released today! It brings some updates, bug-fixes and also four new components:
- Developer Toolset 3.0: Provides current versions of the GNU Compiler Collection, GNU Debugger, Eclipse and other development, debugging and performance monitoring tools. https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/devtoolset-3/
- DevAssistant 0.9.1: This project can help you set up your developing environment, publish your code, and do many of the chores that somehow keep you from the important stuff – writing your software. https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/devassist09/
- Git 1.9.4: A distributed revision control system with a decentralized architecture. https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/git19/
- Maven 3.0.5: A software project management and comprehension tool used primarily for Java projects.Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project’s build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information. https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/maven30/
- Nginx: upgraded to version 1.6.1 and the collection has been renamed to nginx16. Changelog: http://nginx.org/en/CHANGES-1.6
- Thermostat: upgraded to version 1.0.4 providing a number of bug fixes over the previous version.
The community release of Software Collections 1.2 is now available for CentOS 7 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. Builds for Fedora are coming!